Most travelers today are aware about how to do web check in. As airlines try to automate everything and make traveling easier, web check-in is a win-win innovation which benefits everyone. With web check in you can choose seats and print boarding passes from the comfort of your home or office. Airlines can cut down on the expenses of paper and personnel. Travelers can bypass the hassles of standing in queues at check-in counters and kiosks.
Once you do a web check-in, you have the boarding pass in hand before you reach the airport. The boarding pass includes a bar code which contains your reservation. Once you reach the airport you can directly head for the security checkpoint, continue to the gate and board the flight.
Online check-in also has certain time limits that vary from airline to airline and you need to be aware of the same. Some airlines allow passengers to check in online within 12 to 24 hours prior to the departure time to as late as 30 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time. Since international travel requires travelers to arrive earlier when compared to domestic travel, the check in deadlines are early as well. Get best deals on flights
Online Check-in Procedures of Some Domestic Airlines:
• Indigo web check in: Indigo airlines allows travelers to select seats online and print the boarding pass instantly from any location. The online check-in process begins 48 hours before and goes up to 2 hours prior to the flight’s departure. The online facility cannot be availed by unaccompanied minors and passengers travelling by wheel chair.
• Jet airways web check in: Jet Airways offers web check-in facility but there are certain norms which you should follow. A single PNR number should not include more than 7 members. You can avail this service between 48 hours to 60 minutes of the scheduled take off time.
• Air India web check in: To avail this facility on Air India, you will have to go to the web check-in page under the “Manage your trip” option and follow the user-friendly guide. Once you are issued the boarding pass, you can proceed to the security check if you are travelling only with a handbag. In case you have luggage, contact the baggage drop counter, drop the luggage and collect the registered tags.
• Go air web check in: Customers can check in online within 72 hours till 2 hours before the flight departure. After web-check in you must report to the airport 45 minutes before departure.
• SpiceJet web check in: To avail the web check facility you will have to visit the Spicejet official website, enter your confirmation number or PNR number and the email id which you have used at the time of booking.
Online Check-in Facility Provided by International Flights:
• Emirates online check-in: To initiate your check-in you need to enter your surname and the PNR number. After the check-in process you will be issued an eBoarding pass. You can check in online between 48 hours and 90 minutes before departure of the flight. Make sure that you reach the airport 90 minutes before flight departure.
• Etihad online check in: Beat the queue at the airport as you opt for web check in. You can check in online between 24 hours to 2 hours before departure. With a few clicks you can choose the preferred seat, check in and print the boarding pass. You must report at the boarding gate 45 minutes before departure.
• British Airways check in: The web check-in facility offered by British Airways will make your life simpler. You can check in as early as 24 hours before the flight and print the boarding pass from the comfort of your home or office. Printing the boarding pass at home will save you the trouble of standing at long kiosks and check in lines.
• Thai airways check in: Thai airways which operates in about 35 countries allows web check in service to the travelers. For web check in you need to enter your last name, e-ticket number or the booking reference number. Before you print the boarding pass you can choose your preferred seat and check the summary of the flight journey.
• Cathay Pacific online check in: If you avail Cathay Pacific online check in, you can complete checking in for your flight in few simple, quick and easy steps. You can complete the online process within 48 hours to 90 minutes before the flight departure. During the web check in you can select a preferred seat or get your seats changed. You can update the frequent flyer number and print the self-printing boarding pass.
• Singapore airlines web check in: Singapore Airlines online check in is available 48 hours to 2 hours prior to the flight’s departure. You can complete the process from home or as you drive to the airport.
• Malaysia Airlines web check in: Say goodbye to airport queues as you avail Malaysia airlines web check in. Web check in can be carried out for up to 9 passengers. For the process you will need the passenger’s name, e-ticket number and flight details. This option is available from 48 hours to 90 minutes before the flight’s departure. Get best deals on flights