Here are ten things you need to know about the BHIM app:
1. What is BHIM: Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM) is an initiative to enable cashless payments through your mobile phone. BHIM is interoperable with other Unified Payment Interface (UPI) applications, and bank accounts. BHIM is developed by the National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI).
2. How it works: One has to register a bank account with BHIM, and set a UPI PIN for the bank account. Your mobile number is your payment address (PA), and you can simply start transacting. If your mobile number is already registered with UPI, you are good to go.
3. How to send or receive money: One can send money to or receive money through a mobile number or payment address. Money can also be sent to non UPI supported banks using IFSC and MMID. You can also collect money by sending a request and reverse payments if required. One can check your bank balance and transactions details on the go. You can create a custom payment address in addition to your phone number. You can scan a QR code for faster entry of payment addresses. Merchants can easily print their QR Code for display.
4. Transaction Limits: BHIM accepts a maximum of Rs 10,000 per transaction and Rs 20,000 limit within 24 hours. It supports Hindi and English currently.
5. Compatible OS: Bharat Interface for Money app is currently available on Android (Version 8 and above) and iOS mobiles (Version 5 and above).
6. Essentials for BHIM: To start using Bharat Interface for Money one needs to have a Smartphone, Internet access, an Indian bank account that supports UPI payments and a mobile number linked to the bank account.
7. How to setup a BHIM PIN: One can set your UPI PIN by going to Main Menu -Bank Set UPI-PIN for the selected account.
8. Bank support: Currently, Bharat Interface for Money supports linking of one bank only. At the time of account set-up, one can link a preferred bank account as the default account. In case you want to link another bank account, you can go to Main menu, choose Bank Accounts and select your default account. Any money that is transferred to you using your mobile number or payment address will be credited into your default account.
9. The best #UPI app – simple and does one thing well – send & receive money. Great work!
10. Charges for BHIM: There are no charges for making transaction through Bharat Interface for Money. However banks might levy a nominal charge as UPI or IMPS transfer fee.
Top up your PGI retailer account using vpa : PGI@ICICI from any upi app.